Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Interlibrary Loan Account Login
Who is eligible for ILL Services?
- Current students, faculty, and staff (emeritus included)
- AU Distance Students - (Electronic Items Only)
- Active Duty military personnel (and their family members) assigned to the Maxwell/Gunter complex
- Civilian personnel (including nonappropriated fund employees) serviced by Maxwell AFB Civilian Personnel Office and their family members.
- TDY personnel, military or civilian, assigned for duty in excess of 72 hours. (Must establish circulation account at AUL)
Special Patron Categories
- Retired Civilian Employees
Retired civilians must receive approval from the Director of the library to obtain library privileges.
- AFROTC Students
To be eligible for library privileges, a letter must be on file from the college's ROTC Detachment Commander.
- Air University Library extends limited extramural services to the libraries of other military schools, agencies and commands. Where possible, these services are also provided to the libraries of U.S. governmental agencies, research institutions and organizations, and, under certain conditions, to non-governmental libraries.
- When ordering materials, please allow 3 to 5 days for your request to be processed.
- When ordering material, please allow up to 15 days for request to be filled and shipped to AUL.
- If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact Interlibrary Loan at 334-953-7223.
- Subject to demand at AUL
- We ask the lending library for 30 days as a loan period but the final time-frame is set by the lending institution and will be displayed on the item for your knowledge.
- Photocopies of articles from current and bound periodicals are provided when possible and within the limits of copyright law.
- Digital copies of articles from current and bound periodicals are provided when possible and will be delivered to the patrons ILL account or via email.
- Unclassified items are available for a thirty (30) day loan and are renewable -- local demand and extra copies permitting.
- AUL will not loan any publications held in the military documents collection (M-) for which there is only one copy.
- Paper reproduction or copies of military documents (M-) by Air University Library staff for ILL requests is limited to staff ability and amount needed.
- Air University student research papers that are not online in digital format are available when local demand and extra copies permit, and are limited to five per request. Papers are sent for 30 days loan (extensions not normally allowed).
- Classified items require "need-to-know" justification and assurance of proper handling, as well as the required security clearance through the security office.
AULibrary Ask Us | Mon to Fri | 8am to 5pm
Contact Interlibrary Loan
Office Hours and General Contact Information
Monday through Friday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Nights and weekends: contact the Reference Desk at 334-953-2888
Pickup and return ILL materials at the AUL Circulation Desk
Phone: ILL Office 334-953-7223
Online Request Form
First Time Users