Air University Library
600 Chennault Circle,
Maxwell AFB, 36112
This guide contains tips and relevant contact information to assist with the set up of teleworking for AU Library staff.
First things first:
Have you been issued a government computer for teleworking?
Make sure to login and load your profile from the NIPRNET before you take it home!
(Information current as of 01 AUG 2021. Updates will be posted in the event AFCYBER’s policies are modified to support COVID-19 protective measures.)
NOTE: 42COMMS requires your computer be connected to the .mil network for three consecutive days without interruption each week. Make sure you are fully logged out when connecting to the network for updates. Weekly updates may not be uploaded and applied if you are logged in.
- Click the up arrow in the lower right corner of your screen > click the red McAfee icon > Click on Update Security
- Once again, click the red McAfee icon > click About > scroll down to the McAfee Agent section within this new window > verify Last security update check is less than 7 days HBSS scans for McAfee signatures that are older than 7 days. If the scans are older than 7 days, your workstation may be quarantined.
- Click the Windows icon in the lower left corner > type Windows Update > Select Check for Updates
- If the last checked date is more than a few days, click Check for Updates. This step can take a while depending on the size of any updates that need to be downloaded. Just let it run until it gives a status.
- Click the Windows icon in the lower left corner > type Software Center > Select Check for Updates
- You can also select 'Device Compliance' to check your compliance status.
Do not be preoccupied about leaving a laptop plugged in too long. Laptops batteries are a bit "smarter" today than in the past and leaving it connected to power will not harm the battery.
If you receive an error message, write it down or take a picture of it. Add this information to your trouble ticket, as it will help technicians resolve your issue faster.